Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon



Office Closed
Jan 13, 2017


Jun 15, 2016



President: Nick Paglia 

Vice President: David Borgeson

Recording Secretary: Jared Mumm

Treasurer: To be appointed at a later date

Business Manager/Financial Secretary: John McEntagart

Executive Board: Rob Barsi, Gary Giuliani, Hannah Kaufman, Patrick Wheeler

Examining Board: Brandon Cunningham, Tom Ritch, Steve Stobel, Mark Yates

IC Delegate: Andrew Burger

152 Ballots Received

127 Valid Ballots

25 Disqualified Ballots

CEU Provider Changes
Mar 11, 2016
Note: There are some continuing education providers that are removed due to CCR Title 8 Regulations §290.1. Educational providers must have a partnership or a contract with a CA public education institution, community college or public school district or a private postsecondary educational institution.
New Policy
Sep 17, 2015
The Executive Board of Local 551 has implemented a new policy regarding Cash payments.  We will no longer accept cash payments.  Please plan to pay with check,money order or credit/debit card.  Also reminder that dues increase $1.00 per month effective January 1, 2016. 
Member Assistance Program (MAP)
Nov 03, 2011

 Member Assistance Program (MAP)

This program provides all eligible members (excluding retirees) of the Redwood Empire Electrical Worker Health & Welfare Plan member assistance care. You, your eligible dependents and all household members are eligible for 3 free counseling sessions for each “incident” or problem that you may need help with.  The following are just some examples of MAP services:  divorce, job stress, anxiety/depression, family issues, parenting skills, chemical abuse, budgeting, landlord/tenants, domestic violence etc.   Just call PBH (PacifiCare Behavioral Health) for preauthorization prior to receiving any services. The PBH toll-free number is 877-225-2267. When calling, please mention you are a participant of the Redwood Empire Electrical Workers Health & Welfare Plan (ID#10000920).  

Vacation Account
Oct 17, 2009

Our vacation account is located at the Operating Engineers Credit Union.  Please note that funds will be available only after your membership application is received. If you have already established an OEFCU account, vacation funds will be deposited directly to your existing account.  Fund transfers will occur on the fifth of the month. Example:  April funds would be available to you on June 5.

You can access your vacation funds in the following manner:

  1. Branch-walk into branch @ 6225 State Farm Dr, Suite 102, Rohnert Park, CA 94928.  (707) 585-1552 between the hours of 8:30 am-5pm (M-Th), 9:30 am-6pm (Friday).
  2. Mail-have a check mailed to your home, call (800) 877-4444 between the hours of 8:30am-5pm (M-F)
  3. Mail-have a check mailed to your home, call the Touch Tone Teller 24 hour/7 days a week service (800) 499-6328.
  4. Shared Branch Network - you can go into other Credit Union branch offices and conduct all business as if you were standing in an OEFCU lobby.  You can identify all Shared Credit Union Branches at
  5. ATM Network - if you get a checking account with OEFCU (which is FREE of service charges) you can use any Credit Union or 7/11 convenience store ATM for free.  You can identify all ATM locations at

The Operating Engineers Credit Unions website is  It allows members to view balances, transfer money, etc. All FREE of charge.

If you have questions, the credit union staff would be happy to assist you.  Call Kim Horning at the Rohnert Park branch (707) 585-1552.

State laws require all financial institutions doing business in California to turn over unclaimed property to the State after 3 years of inactivity. OEFCU spends a considerable amount of resources tracking, notifying and submitting unclaimed property to the State; and as a result, OE Federal assesses fees to help offset the cost of the State reporting requirements.

Please help us keep your account in good standing. There are two things you MUST do:

1. If you have not already done so, please complete and return a membership application; and

2. Conduct one transaction on your account each year, OR contact us one time per year by email, phone or in writing to let us know you are aware you have money on deposit at OE Federal

If you feel your Vacation Pay account has been assessed Maintenance or Inactive fees, please contact OE Federal Credit Union at (707) 585-1552, toll-free at (800) 877-4444 or the IBEW Local 551 Union Hall at (707) 542-3505

Vanguard Principal Residence Loan or Foreclosure
Jun 02, 2005

Active Members..You may be able to take money from your plan account to help with the purchase of a primary home or prevent from losing your primary home through a foreclosure.  Please go to the Redwood Empire Electrical WorkersTrust Funds Web Site @ (or use the link on the right hand side of our web page) and look under Defined Contribution Pension Plan.

Page Last Updated: May 09, 2017 (14:49:00)
IBEW Local 551
Copyright © 2017, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image